Of interest, the poll revealed that 60% have no intention of sending an electronic greeting. All this translates into Canada Posts volume of Christmas Mail increasing by 2% over last year at this time.
Of course, during the holiday season of 1962, the digital option was not available.
The collage (above) provides a sampling of what folks in the sporting community were sending out during Christmas in 1962. Click on the photo for an enlarged version.
Here is an index for each individual card...
- Dick Shatto, Toronto Argonaunts
- Barb Wagner Grogan & Bob Paul, Skaters
- Rudy Pilous, Chicago Black Hawks
- Jack Adams, Detroit Red Wings
- Phil Boylen, Horse Racing
- Frank Pollock, Baseball Maple Leafs
- Johnny Gottselig, Chicago Black Hawks
- Clarence Campbell, NHL
- Toe Blake, Montreal Canadiens
- George Hendrie, Horse Racing
- Frank Conklin, Horse Racing
- Hap Day, Toronto Maple Leaf
- Punch Imlach, Toronto Maple Leafs